Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Little Bit of an Update

We don't know much of anything new about Ellie, but she did have her 4 month well baby check up yesterday. The doctor gave me a little more clarity on his specific concerns for Ellie Grace. He is concerned she might have De George syndrome. Apparently, the heart defects that she has had, combined with the hypoplastic thumbs can signal this syndrome. Here is a link about it if anyone is interested in reading further.

I have been up and down about it all. Part of me really feels like she isn't demonstrating so many of these symptoms, and that I shouldn't be worried. By all other accounts, she is a really normal baby. The doctor thinks so too. He just wants to be careful and cover all of our bases. Sometimes I jump years ahead and envision how we will deal with her if she has these issues.

Please pray that the Lord will change how Ben and I are tending to respond to this. We are already thinking about how this will potentially affect our and Ellie's lives, rather than taking it a day-at-a-time. Pray that we will know the Lord is GOOD, and that we are driven to our knees by this. I told a dear friend yesterday that I do feel that the Lord knows that it (sadly) often takes my desperation to drive me to him, and nothing else can. It's happening, and it feels so GOOD to need him again.

Thanks. I will continue to keep you updated. We are not yet sure when we will go to Louisville for testing.

In other news, I praise God today, because he has recently brought about 4 new friends (all such encouraging women!) into my life. This is HUGE, as I have felt a deep need for good relationships down here for a long time. And it is so good of him to be developing these in a time of huge weakness for me. So yay for that!


Love Whit


3 comments:

Sabrina Pate said...

1. Yay for an update.
2. I will definitely be praying for wisdom and trust. I know it must be so hard.
3. New blog layout? Look at you!

the dileonardi's said...

ellie grace! we love you! jesus loves you! we pray that He sends down angels to play alongside you and keep you safe. you are so precious and created in His image. you are magnificent!


xoxo,
sean and lizzy

Kristine said...

we will continue to be praying for ellie and for you all as her parents. what a whirlwind! i know that we all just want the best for these little guys. she's a doll. :) may the Lord keep his hand on her.