Friday, December 3, 2010

An Update and Prayer Request

First, Merry Christmas Season to you! My mom wanted us to take a picture by the tree when she was down for Thanksgiving weekend. I had been in my jammies and no make up and Ben threw on a sweater. But hey! Ellie looks cute!!



Anyway,I just wanted to let you in on a bit of what has been going on lately. We are doing great overall, but I do have a couple of Ellie prayer requests. First, when Ellie was born, the doc heard a small heart murmur. She sent Ellie for an echocardiogram- translation: something that shows why there's a heart murmur. Anyway, Ellie has a tiny little hole in her heart that is causing the murmur. Our pediatrician wasn't too worried, and said that the hole will probably close on its own. Apparently about 30% of babies have this at birth. But to be on the safe side, she set us up with a pediatric cardiologist. We went to the appointment on Wednesday, hoping to hear that the hole had closed. The doc said that the hold is smaller but also noticed ANOTHER tiny hole, so we have to go back. He too thinks they will close, but it hurts me to have any little thing wrong with my baby-especially when I can't do anything about it.

AND, on top of that, Ellie has only gained a pound since birth. The doctor told us that she is below the normal range, and is now monitoring her to see if she gains weight (and if so, how much) within the next week. She didn't seem worried about this much, and just said that we will have to make adjustments if she is indeed slowed in her growth. I will let you know when I hear anything.

I just tell you these things to ask for prayer for peace of mind. It is VERY easy to let my mind run off about all of my worries-- is something seriously wrong with her heart? is there something wrong with my milk supply? why isn't my baby thriving? ...all of the questions. I don't want you to think that this is some horrible situation. I really have not been given much reason to worry by the doctors, and yet I do. The doctors have both seemed very optimistic, and our pediatrician said just today that despite her small weight gain, she is looking very healthy and great. Its just that.. She is our baby. I want to control her little life and I can't. I want her every fiber to be flawless and its not.
Pray that Ben and I give this wholly to the Lord, and be thankful to Him for our weakness and powerlessness, so that all glory might rest on HIM!

Thank you friends. Love to you all! Enjoy your December!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

As a newer momma too, I can understand the emotions of what you must be feeling, and yet, the reassurance that God is in control. We are praying for you all (for what that's worth right now).