We had our follow up visit to the doc today...she has gained (drumroll please)...SEVEN ounces! AND a quarter of an inch to boot. The doctor said she is not worried about Ellie, which makes her mama so so happy. A friend of mine gave me some good advice this week, and told me to try waking Ellie up every four hours at night (she had been sleeping anywhere from 6-8 hours, and I wasn't super worried because she was getting all her daytime feedings in). I guess it worked! Ellie just needed a little bit more milk and wasn't waking herself up for it. The doctor said that by 2 months (which is in 2 weeks) she should be able to go all night without needing to be woken up. Praise Him!
We are still waiting to hear back about the heart stuff. I should hear back from the doctor this afternoon about that. But I have more of a peace now.
I'm just reminded of how good God is despite my worry. I have been asking him to fill me with joy and anticipation this advent season. This is really for two reasons: one because my heart NEEDS a prompting in longing for the Son of God, and two, because I need TRUTH to replace my fear and anxiety more than ever these days.
That's all for now, I guess. Thanks to all who are praying for my little blue-eyed girl. It means more to me than anything else I could think of.
Whit
1 comment:
Praise Jesus! We'll keep those prayers coming!
Post a Comment