This has been my life for the past umm...6 nights? I wouldn't change a thing. I am so so sooooo tired, and yet this little girl keeps her mama movin' on. I take one look at that sweet face that has yet to enjoy sleeping in her crib at night (days are fine, of course!), and fall so deeply in love all over again. I cannot describe how weak I feel to love her and nurture her when my body has nothing left. But I cling to the Lord's strength all the more as I know that he created this precious person. Everything about her is His. He's awake in the middle of the night at my house, loving me, nurturing me, and guarding me til morning. I am filled with awe at his goodness in our lives.
Someone please remind me of this when I forget!
Love,
The Sleepy Winklers
4 comments:
Oooo. It makes me so happy you put up a picture of sweet baby Ellie. I bet you are so tired love. Praying, praying, praying for you. I'm so excited for you guys!!!
i would love to plant some kisses on that sweet cheek. i was up all night with abigail last night so i was reminded of all those endless sleepless nights. they are so worth it, though, and those quiet middle of the night moments are precious.
i am commenting on your BLOG! I love you!!
s.b.
How precious Whit! These are those special first days that you will cherish forever. Please keep these posts coming (after you get back on a more regular sleep schedule!) xoxo Auntie Laura
Post a Comment